Visual storytelling explored in 'Art of the Illustration'
An exhibit highlighting visual storytelling by a number of noted artists, "Art of the Illustration" opens June 4 at the Main Street Gallery in Acworth. Artists include Jack Smith, veteran Atlanta artist and illustrator; Walter Cumming, former courtroom sketch artist for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution; Kennesaw State University Professors Geo Sipp and Craig Brasco; Hugh MacKay, Savannah School of Art and Design alumni, as well as a selection of relief prints by the late Bronislaw Bak from a book of illustrations of Chaucer's Pardoner's Tale. The exhibit runs through July 23. Gallery hours are 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday.
And don't miss ...
- SHORE, Acworth’s monthly creative reading series, continues at Herron’s Monday June 6, at 7:30. Check it out! …
- Enroll in Brenda Smith’s silver making class and learn what goes into crafting beautiful jewelry. More ..
- And consider: Beautiful airy space, great acoustics and fantastic location. Rent the Main Street Gallery for your next special event! Send us an email us if you are interested in more information!
Opportunities for artists
- Call to Artists: The ACAC will host a regional juried exhibit of original work by fine artists in the Main Street Gallery from Aug. 6 through Sept. 17. See details.
- Art & Beer: Participate with us for fine art, fine music and fine libations!
- Allatoona Book Festival: Bring your visual voice to the award-winning story from Janisse Ray and exhibit on the walls of the festival venue!
Recently at the ACAC: Georgia Youth Symphony String Quartet's recital May 5
Coach Samantha Tang talks about the Georgia Youth Symphony's String Quartet after a performance at the Main Street Gallery in Acworth May 5. Players are, from left, Melody Bearden, Rebecca Goodwin, Jaime Lea and Abigail Buchanan. (Video by Mac Ruiz)
Allatoona Book Festival Sponsors
Thank you to our gracious sponsors for making the Allatoona Book Festival a reality!